Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Hopes and Dreams

Aside from this blog, I created the Apert Manila blog  hopefully to give Filipino parents of Aperts children with a touch-base / resource page.  Janina's doctors then suggested that I diversify the page to address not only the concerns of Apert families but all those with Craniofacial Syndromes.  Unfortunately, I realized that blogging is way much harder than I thought it would be.  Although I've managed to come up with posts on this page, to my great regret, it has become almost impossible for me to come up with the informative / educational posts on the other blog.

Hopefully I will be able to find a way to create more posts for both this blog and the Apert Manila blog.  Our dream is to eventually start a support group for families dealing with any kind of Craniofacial Syndromes.  Perhaps in the long run, we would even be able to help support / fund the surgeries of needy families to give their children a better chance.

Our household help told me one time that Janina was very lucky to have been born to our family.  They explained that had she been born to a family from their province, she would not have the opportunity to get the surgeries and medication that she needed.  They said that many times, children with disabilities from their provinces would either be left untreated or at worse, left for dead because the parents could not afford to bring them to the right doctors.  The thought saddens me because after seeing the joy that our daughter has brought to our lives, it would be a pity of other families would not get to experience the blessing that their child, regardless of his or her condition, would bring them.

So wish us luck in our endeavor and pray that we will have the strength, the means and the resources to put all these into reality.

For the meantime, please go on reading Apert Manila and do let me know what else we can do to improve it.  If you know of any families dealing with Craniofacial Syndromes, please encourage them to get in touch with us through this blog our through my Facebook page.






No comments:

Post a Comment