Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Precious Moments

I'm usually in a rush to put the kids to sleep at night so that I can squeeze in some work or some "me" time.  Tonight however, Janina was in no mood to sleep even if the lights and TV had been turned out and her kuya was already in dreamland.  I realized that I had not been able to bond with my little girl as much as I wanted and should so instead of bugging her to sleep, I did what used to be the unthinkable for me -- I played with her.  I try to avoid playing with the kids at bedtime because sometimes, they tend to forget they're sleepy and then become overly cranky (because of sleepiness).

We played peek-a-boo, she asked to be tickled (and she tried to tickle me back). Just simple forms of play and cuddling up that I had missed the past few days.  I love hearing Nina laugh and my heart just melts everytime I see her smiling face.

The next thing I knew, we were both asleep and when I woke up, she was latched on to me, sleeping contently.  I checked the watch and was surprised that on 15minutes had passed!  I was glad I decided to play with her instead.  I guess it was one of those nights when the Lord gave me a reminder about the more important things in life and that I needed to stop and smell the roses.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment