Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

Another Year

Dear Nina,


I can't believe how quickly time has passed.  I feel that the past five years just sped by without giving me a chance to cherish every moment.  You've been telling us that you aren't a baby anymore and though I agree, a big part of me cannot seem to let go of that thought.  Yesterday, you declared to Tita Pu that you were 5 turning 10years old.  You know what?  Sometimes, we think so too!

We're happy that you love your new school and even your teachers proudly inform us that you seem to have coped up very well with the Montessori Method of learning.  You know, there have been several instances where you've managed to stump Kuya with the facts that you learn from school (although I'm sure he wont admit that so let's keep that as a secret, okay?).  Dad and I pray that as you grow older, your enthusiasm for learning and for experiencing new things will remain.  We love seeing your face light up with joy whenever you experience something new or when you proudly show us something that you've accomplished.  Know that Dad and I will continue to do our best to provide you and your Kuya with more opportunities for learning (coupled with a lot fun, of course) for as long as our bodies can hold up.


I must say that this year was a good year for you health-wise.  Although we continue to deal with issues on colds, cough, asthma and allergies, I'm happy that you've managed to stay away from any hospital confinements and frequent trips to the Emergency Room - we had 1 or 2, right?  Let's hope that this year we can trim down those visits to a zero, shall we?

This will be a very very good year for you, I am almost sure of it.  Of course, we should expect that there will be challenges but we are pretty sure that you will be able to handle these well.  You have Dad, Kuya and Mom (plus all our other relatives) to back you up so what else have you got to fear, right?


Keep viewing life the way you do, sweetheart.  Because as you do, you continue to teach us and to inspire us that nothing can and should ever keep us from reaching our dreams.


We love you!


Mom





No comments:

Post a Comment