Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

When Babies are Called Home

I read some sad sad news today from Facebook.  One of the Apert families whose journey with their almost three year old son I was able to follow, lost their little boy suddenly while he was asleep.  I can only assume that the cause must have something to do with breathing issues that many Apert kids experience especially during their sleep but I have yet to know what the real story behind is.

Despite the fact that I have never met this family in person, the very thought of losing a child saddens me.  It saddens me more because as a mother of a child with Apert Syndrome, I find myself being able to relate with these "strangers" with whom we only share a virtual connection with.

This afternoon I've constantly been trying to dry my tears just thinking about Zane and what his family must be going through.  I know that no words will ever be enough to comfort his parents and so I say a silent prayer for them, thinking at the back of my mind that it could have been Nina.

No one wants to let go of their children, but when God calls them back into His fold, we are reminded that these children have only been lent to us by Him and that we are their earthly guardians/parents and that He is their Heavenly Father.

I don't want to live in fear over things that could happen and so I force myself to be cheerful, not to be affected by this loss and trust in Him that for everything He has His purpose.

Meanwhile, I ask that you say a prayer for little Zane whom I know is now back with his Father, back to being an angel that he really is.  Please pray for his parents too, that they may find strength during these times and that they be comforted with happy memories of the life that that was shared with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment