Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Looking forward to brighter tomorrows

Needless to say, my blog has been neglected in favor of some other pressing interests (facebook and candy crush to be exact). My apologies. I'm sticking my head in for a bit just to let you know that we are all doing fine and that Nina has been exceptionally talkative over the summer break - which is a wonderful improvement as far as we are concerned.

Hopefully, we will be able to push thru with the second syndactyly release before school starts in June. From the looks of it, that surgery will be done together with the ear surgery to put in t-tubes i her ear to help drain the liquids. If everything works well, that will also mean a great improvement to her hearing and consequently to her speech.

We're now doing home programs for OT and PT and I will soon train for the implementation of her home Speech Therapy program. Her therapist and developmental pediatrician have broached the idea of my entering this field on a professional basis and to perhaps help them implement the programs for other children with special needs. I've been piqued with the idea but i know i will need to think and pray about this before making any drastic changes. I love that it has given me a new sense of purpose, something to look forward to but let's not think about that yet. Perhaps after I've started with Nina's program, then it will be be easier for me to make a sound decision on what goes next.

For most Filipinos, summer is on its last leg so I hope you can all make the most of it before the rains start coming in regularly.

Hugs and kisses,
~ Nina & Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment