Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Little Big Brother

This is Nina's big brother or "kuya".    I've always been proud of the fact that from the beginning he has always acted like a big responsible brother, always on the lookout for his baby sister.  There was one time when we had just woken up and he got down from the bed to go to his room to get his toys.  When he came back, he brought with him a toy for himself and another one for Janina!  (Without my even having to tell him to do so).

Sometimes when we're in the grocery, he would point to something and say "Gusto ni Nina yan" (Janina would like that.)  I know that at times, he merely projects what he likes and declares it as something that his sister would like but even during those instances, he would always offer it to his sister first.

One time while we were at school, his grandma gave him some Skyflakes to munch on.  He got one piece and when he was about to take another, I told him to finish off the first piece before getting another one.  He told me in a matter-of-fact tone, that the other cracker was for his dad.  True enough, he hung on to that piece until it was time for us to go home.  At that time hubs was on the night shift so when we got home, daddy was still asleep.  Kuya was so excited to wake up his dad just so he could give his "pasalubong".  When his dad was finally awake, he proudly presented the half eaten cracker.  Although kuya had wanted to finish the whole piece, he really tried to keep himself from eating it whole just so that he could give something to his dad.  Sweet right?

And it didn't end there.  Yesterday, I bought him a bag of peanuts.  Again he got some in his hand and declared that these were for daddy.  When we got home, I saw him holding on to one nut, nibbling on the skin.  I asked him why he didn't eat it and he said it was because for Daddy.

I don't know what we did to raise such a thoughtful young boy, I wish I knew but I sure am proud that we did!  I hope he stays that way even when we are no longer around.

No comments:

Post a Comment